THE BEST OLD HOUSES IN ST. CHARLES:
Designated Residential Landmarks
Presented By: Dr. Steve Smunt
About the program:
St. Charles contains an excellent collection of historic houses from the 19th and early 20th centuries. Buildings in St. Charles’ historic districts are known for their quality of construction and craftsmanship. Many are over one hundred years old and if properly maintained will last indefinitely.
Dr. Smunt’s presentation will cover the following topics on the Old Houses of St. Charles:
- Why We Love Our Old Houses
- A Review of Recently Designated Sites
- House Plaques: Organizational, Official
- Legal Criteria, The Historic Preservation Ordinance
- The Process of Landmarking Structures: Case Studies of the Emma Durant-Lane and the Darwin Millington Houses.
Fee: $5 Members / $10 Non-Members
An RSVP is required for this event. Payment can be made to the Museum prior to the start of the event. Spots fill up fast so make sure to RSVP today!