The St. Charles History Museum is a 501©3, non-profit organization operating the St. Charles History Museum and historic archive. The Museum holds more than 10,000 photographs in its archive and 15,000 artifacts in its collection.
The Museum is located in the 1928 McCornack Oil Company building at 215 East Main Street. The building served St. Charles as a gas station from 1928 until 1990. After renovations, the Museum opened to the public in May 2001. Prior to 2001 the Museum was located in the St. Charles Municipal Building.
The St. Charles History Museum houses permanent and temporary exhibits, the Colonial Anderson Research Room, photo and research archives, a Museum Gift Shop, administrative offices, and the storage-preservation repository for the Museum’s collections.